Dry Fruits Laddu is a straightforward, nutritious recipe of vitality balls which might be wholesome and engaging. This dry fruit laddu recipe is made with none added sugar or jaggery, ghee or oil, is of course vegan and comes collectively beneath 20 minutes. Full of vitamins, good fat and fibre, these vitality balls are made with dates, figs and numerous nuts.
About This Recipe
I’ve used dates, figs, almonds, cashews, raisins, desiccated coconut to make these laddu. Skip the desiccated coconut in the event you don’t just like the coconut aroma.
There is no such thing as a precise recipe to make dry fruits laddu or these vitality balls. The proportions of the nuts and dry fruits can differ in line with your selection.
Simply be sure that the dates and figs are a little bit additional. Because the dates, figs have cohesive and sticky properties that assist in binding the laddu.
There’s completely no want so as to add any sugar to the recipe. The sweetness of the dates, figs and raisins makes make the laddu candy – in truth a little bit additional candy.
Use pitted dates. If the dates have seeds, then take away the seeds and chop them. These ladoos may also be reward wrapped and despatched to your loved ones or mates throughout any competition or Diwali competition.
One of the best a part of this dry fruit laddu recipe is that they are often had for the Navratri fasting season giving a great dose of diet and vitality.
These wholesome vitality balls may also be made for the Diwali competition if you wish to make a fast and straightforward candy.
These vitality balls are good for rising up youngsters additionally and can like it. These laddu may also be consumed with a glass of sizzling milk for breakfast. You too can verify this Badam Ladoo, Badam Halwa and Dry Fruits Barfi.
Addition of Gond or edible gum can also be doable in these laddu recipe. I additionally make Gond Laddu which might be excellent in the course of the Indian winters since they’re warming to the physique.
Be aware: In case you have a gluten allergy, guarantee that the nuts and dried fruits are processed and packaged in a gluten-free atmosphere. Test the packaging for particulars.
Find out how to make Dry Fruit Laddu
1: Firstly start to roast three tablespoons almonds in a pan on a low warmth. Preserve stirring the almonds at intervals. You too can evenly roast the almonds. I roast them very well. Put aside the roasted almonds.
Chopping Dates and Figs
2: Roughly chop some dates and eight dried figs. You’ll need 1 cup of chopped dates – so measure the chopped dates and put aside.
Additionally crush 2 inexperienced cardamom pods in a mortar-pestle to a rough powder. Discard the peels.
Making Dry Fruit Laddu Combination
three: In a spice grinder or blender or a mixer-grinder add the 1 cup of chopped dates, figs, 2 tablespoons raisins 2 tablespoons cashews, 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut and the coarsely powdered cardamom powder. Add the roasted almonds as effectively.
It’s alright if the roasted almonds are sizzling or heat whereas grinding. Grind to a rough combination and unfold on a tray or plate or take the combination in a bowl.
four: Make small balls out of your fingers and the dry fruit laddu are prepared.
Serving and Storage
5: Serve the dry fruit laddu instantly or retailer in an air-tight container and refrigerate.
Dry fruits laddu stays good for a couple of days at room temperature and for a few weeks within the fridge. However I don’t assume they may final as long as they’re actually scrumptious and can recover from quickly.
You too can make an enormous batch and refrigerate these vitality balls for a couple of weeks or freeze them for a few months.
- Nuts: You possibly can embody any edible nuts however be sure that they’re recent and never rancid or bitter. I exploit nuts that are simply obtainable to me regionally, like – almonds, cashews, pistachios and walnuts. You can also make these wholesome ladoo with the nuts which might be obtainable to you regionally – walnuts, pine nuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, hazel nuts. You should utilize numerous proportions and combos of the nuts.
- Dry fruits: I recommend to not omit the dates and figs. Each these dry fruits have cohesive sticky properties that helps in binding and forming laddu. Furthermore other than their taste, in addition they add a lot sweetness that you don’t want to incorporate any sugar or sweetener within the recipe.
- Dates: I like to recommend to make use of good high quality dates. If doable use pitted dates as they’re a bit simpler to cut. In case your dates have seeds, then take away the seeds and chop them. Discard the seeds.
- Dried figs: For figs which might be too dry, powerful or dense, soak them in sizzling water for a few hours. Later drain all of the water, pat dry them with a clear kitchen towel after which chop them.
- Desiccated coconut: Omit desiccated coconut in the event you don’t have it. 2 tablespoons of recent grated coconut could be added as a substitute they usually give a great style too. Nonetheless take into account that recent coconut, will scale back the shelf life significantly. So attempt to eat it rapidly and refrigerate any leftovers for 1 to 2 days.
- Scaling: This vitality balls recipe could be doubled or tripled simply to make an enormous batch for festive events.
When you made this recipe, please make sure to fee it within the recipe card beneath. When you’d like extra scrumptious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Signal Up for my e-mail e-newsletter. You too can comply with me on Instagram, Fb, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for extra vegetarian inspiration.
By Dassana Amit
Simple Dry fruits laddu recipe with none added sugar or fat like ghee or oil. Full of vitamins, good fat and fibre, these vitality balls are made with dates, figs and numerous nuts. Dry fruit laddu recipe will get carried out rapidly and comes collectively beneath 20 minutes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook dinner Time 5 minutes
Complete Time 20 minutes
Servings 10 ladoo
Chopping dates and figs
Roughly chop the dates and figs.
You’ll be needing 1 cup of chopped dates – so measure the chopped dates and put aside.
First evenly crush the cardamom pods in a mortar-pestle. Then take away the peels and crush the seeds coarsely. Put aside.
Making dry fruit laddu combination
In a spice grinder, blender or mixer-grinder add the chopped dates, figs, cashews, raisins, almonds, desiccated coconut and the coarsely powdered cardamom powder.
Add the roasted almonds.
Grind to a rough combination and unfold on a tray or plate or take the combination in a bowl.
Serving and Storage
Serve the dry fruits laddu instantly or retailer in an air tight container and refrigerate. Dry fruits ladoo stays good for a couple of days at room temperature and a few weeks within the fridge.
You can additionally make a big batch and refrigerate them for a couple of weeks or freeze them for a few months.
- Nuts: Any nuts work effectively within the recipe. Whereas I exploit nuts that are simply obtainable to me, you may make these wholesome ladoo with the nuts which might be obtainable to you regionally – walnuts, pine nuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, hazel nuts. I get almonds, cashews, pistachios and walnuts regionally, so I add these. You should utilize numerous proportions of the nuts.
- Dry fruits: I like to recommend to not skip dates and figs on this recipe. Each have cohesive sticky properties which aid you to bind and type the laddu. Additionally they add a lot sweetness that you don’t want so as to add any sugar or some other sweetener.
- Dates: Use good high quality dates. Ideally use pitted dates. If the dates have seeds, then take away the seeds and chop them.
- Dried figs: If the figs are too dry, powerful or dense, then soak them in sizzling water for a few hours. Later drain all of the water, pat dry them with a clear kitchen towel after which chop them.
- Desiccated coconut: Skip including desiccated coconut in the event you don’t have it. You too can add 2 tablespoons recent grated coconut as a substitute and they’ll give a great style as effectively. However word that with recent coconut, the shelf life will scale back significantly. So attempt to eat it rapidly and refrigerate any leftovers for 1 to 2 days.
- Scaling: The recipe could be doubled or tripled simply to make an enormous batch.
Dry fruits Laddu
Quantity Per Serving (1 dry fruit laddu)
Energy 99 Energy from Fats 27
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 1g6%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Ok 2µg2%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 5µg1%
* P.c Day by day Values are based mostly on a 2000 calorie food regimen.
Like our movies? Then do comply with and subscribe to us on youtube to get the most recent Recipe Video updates.
All our content material & images are copyright protected. Please don’t copy. As a blogger, in the event you you wish to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your personal phrases and provides a clickable hyperlink again to the recipe on this url.
This dry fruit laddu recipe put up from the archives (October 2013) has been republished and up to date on 24 February 2021.
October 9, 2020