This straightforward wheat cake recipe is eggless and made with deliciously hearty entire wheat flour. Often known as atta cake, it’s easy to make this recipe with solely a handful of components and is nice for having fun with plain or with almost any candy unfold or frosting.
There are a number of good eggless sponge cake recipes on the market that use different components to create a young, moist cake.
Many require components like curd (yogurt), apple sauce, aquafaba, or different fruit/bean/nut purees. However I wished to make one thing particular that’s significantly fluffy and simply as gentle as any cake made with eggs.
After a number of trials and failures, I lastly developed this excellent wheat cake recipe utilizing entire wheat flour and sweetened condensed milk.
The canned sweetened condensed milk makes the most effective cake texture! It creates a sponge that’s moist and candy, not too crumbly and light-weight sufficient to get pleasure from anytime as a snack or dessert.
Due to the wheat flour this cake has a beautiful, barely earthy and virtually nutty taste that helps minimize the sweetness of the condensed milk. However not solely is entire wheat flour (also called wholemeal flour) scrumptious for baking, it’s barely more healthy for you, too!
Though there isn’t a lot of a calorie distinction versus all-purpose flour, wheat flour has much more nutritional vitamins and fiber. So you may be ok with consuming this wheat cake full of vitamins.
Word: I’ve used natural chakki (flour mill) floor entire wheat flour within the recipe, the identical flour or atta I take advantage of for making Roti. Be happy to make use of no matter model or sort of wheat flour you like.
The atta cake recipe makes one small 6×6″ cake, which is sufficient for about eight servings.
1. Begin by greasing a 6×6″ sq. pan (or a 5 to six″ spherical pan) with softened unsalted butter. Let the oven preheat to 350 levels Fahrenheit or 180 levels Celsius for 20 minutes whilst you put together the cake batter.
2. Over a mixing bowl or pan add 1 cup of entire wheat flour (120 grams) and ½ a teaspoon of baking powder.
TIP: As baking powder is the one leavening ingredient used within the recipe, ensure it’s recent and energetic.
NOTE: For this recipe, I’ve used a measuring cup of 250 ml, however a 240 ml measuring cup additionally works effective.
three. Sift the flour and baking powder collectively into the bowl.
four. Now add ½ cup of sweetened condensed milk (125 ml or four oz).
5. Add both 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence.
6. Don’t combine the components collectively simply but. Set the bowl apart whilst you put together the butter resolution for the wheat cake batter.
7. In one other small skillet, add 6 tablespoons (80 grams) of butter and ½ cup of water (125 ml).
eight. Then add four tablespoons of sugar.
9. Soften butter on the stovetop over low warmth.
10. Stir sometimes to mix the melted sugar and butter.
11. Enhance the stovetop warmth barely in order that the combination involves a boil.
12. Instantly take away the new butter and sugar combination from the range and pour it into the bowl together with your dry components.
13. With a wired whisk, start to combine flippantly.
14. Work gently and make sure that you don’t over combine the batter. As a result of it’s an eggless cake you need to preserve as a lot air as attainable within the combination to permit a correct rise. This batter must be medium consistency, neither skinny nor thick.
Relying on the wheat flour used you would possibly want so as to add a splash of sizzling water if the batter turns into too thick. I like to recommend that you simply preserve a ¼ to ⅓ of a cup of sizzling water close by when making this recipe, simply in case.
15. It’s okay in case your batter has small lumps. Depart them and don’t combine the batter an excessive amount of. To examine the consistency of the batter, do examine the video above or within the recipe card beneath.
16. Subsequent, pour the batter into the greased pan.
17. Give the pan a mild shake and a lightweight faucet on the edges to settle any giant air bubbles.
18. Place the pan within the preheated oven. Bake the wheat cake at 180 levels Celsius (350 levels Fahrenheit) for 45 minutes to 1 hour. As oven temperatures fluctuate you need to keep watch over it after 30 minutes or so. However don’t open the door till the cake is ¾ of the best way accomplished!
19. When accomplished the highest of the cake shall be a beautiful golden brown, and a picket skewer or toothpick inserted into the middle ought to come out clear.
20. Let the wheat cake cool for a number of minutes, then flip it out from the pan and onto a cooling rack. It must cool fully earlier than you slice or coat with frosting and serve.
Minimize the eggless wheat cake into neat slices and luxuriate in as it’s with milk, tea, or espresso. Or make your favourite frosting (chocolate, whipped cream, buttercream) and layer it on the atta cake. Enable the frosting to set by refrigerating the cake. Later slice and serve.
First, switch the cooled cake to a field. In cooler climates, the cake could be saved at room temperature for 1 to 2 days. In hotter or hotter climates, refrigerate the cake instantly. This atta cake stays good for a couple of week within the fridge.
Sure! These are the identical components, simply with two completely different names.
Take pleasure in eggless wheat cake plain for a delicious snack. Or prime with frosting or icing, serve with butter and preserves, or drizzle with a chocolate ganache or melted peanut butter for a candy dessert deal with. It’s scrumptious with a cup of tea or espresso, too!
Sure, you should use wheat flour as a substitute of all-purpose when making muffins or cookies. Nonetheless, remember the fact that muffins made with wheat flour have a nutty style and may verge on being dense, for those who overwork the batter. The substitution could not work properly relying on the recipe and different components in it. In case you are apprehensive concerning the texture, then I recommend to incorporate equal proportions of each all-purpose flour and wheat flour.
Sure, you may! To examine how it’s accomplished, do examine my detailed recipe put up on Stress Cooker Cake.
Should you made this recipe, please you should definitely price it within the recipe card beneath. Should you’d like extra scrumptious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Signal Up for my e mail e-newsletter. You may as well comply with me on Instagram, Fb, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for extra vegetarian inspiration.
This straightforward wheat cake recipe is eggless and made with deliciously hearty entire wheat flour. It’s easy to make with solely a handful of components and is nice for having fun with plain or with any candy unfold or frosting.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook dinner Time 40 minutes
Whole Time 50 minutes
Servings eight items
Grease a 6×6 inches sq. pan with softened butter. You may as well use a 5 to six inches spherical pan.
In a seive, take the entire wheat flour and baking powder. Maintain the sieve on prime of a mixing bowl or pan.
Sift each the dry components. Preheat yout oven to 180 levels celsius (350 levels Fahrenheit) for 20 minutes.
Add sweetened condensed milk to the sifted flour.
Add vanilla extract.
Don’t combine. Merely put aside.
In one other small frying pan or skillet, take unsalted butter, water and sugar.
Maintain the pan on a stovetop and on a low flame warmth this combination.
The butter will soften initially. Do stir sometimes.
Convey this combination to a boil.
As soon as the combination involves a boil, then take away the pan and pour the complete boiling sizzling combination in to the flour combination.
With a wired whisk, start to combine flippantly.
Combine with gentle stress, in order that over mixing doesn’t occur.
Combine to a clean batter. If there are small tiny lumps, then let it’s. Don’t over combine.
Now pour the cake batter within the greased cake pan.
Gently shake the pan or faucet the edges.
Place the pan in a preheated oven. Bake at 180 levels celsius (350 levels Fahrenheit) for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Oven temperatures usually are not similar all over the place, so whereas baking do preserve a examine. Maintain a time span of 30 minutes to 1 hour for baking this cake. You may examine after 30 minutes if the cake is finished or not.
Additionally please don’t open the oven door till ¾ of the cake is finished.
The highest must be golden and if you insert a tooth decide or picket skewer within the atta cake, it ought to come out clear.
Let the wheat cake cool fully, earlier than you serve it.
Slice and serve wheat cake as it’s with milk, tea or espresso. You may as well get pleasure from it as a candy snack.
Or you may unfold your favourite frosting (chocolate, whipped cream, buttercream) on the cake. Enable the frosting to set by refrigerating the cake. Later slice and serve.
First, switch the cooled cake to a field. In cooler climates, the cake could be saved at room temperature for 1 to 2 days.
In hotter or hotter climates, refrigerate the cake instantly. This cake stays good for a couple of week within the fridge.
Wheat Cake Recipe
Quantity Per Serving (1 wheat cake slice)
Energy 210 Energy from Fats 90
% Day by day Worth*
Saturated Fats 6g38%
Ldl cholesterol 28mg9%
Vitamin A 301IU6%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 1mg5%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin B12 1µg17%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
Vitamin D 1µg7%
Vitamin E 1mg7%
Vitamin Okay 1µg1%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 9µg2%
* % Day by day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight-reduction plan.
Like our movies? Then do comply with and subscribe to us on youtube to get the most recent Recipe Video updates.
All our content material & photographs are copyright protected. Please don’t copy. As a blogger, for those who you need to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your personal phrases and provides a clickable hyperlink again to the recipe on this url.
This entire wheat cake put up from the archives (September 2016) has been republished and up to date on 23 January 2021.
For people who find themselves attempting to shed pounds, the weighing scale is a continuing companion…
So, you had a tough evening and wakened in a extremely dangerous temper?! Guess what, your…
Melasma is a pores and skin situation the place darkish, brown, gray, and discolored patches present…
Whenever you make little tweaks and changes to your each day food plan, you may reap…
You'll be able to undoubtedly not outrun a nasty weight-reduction plan, however since weight reduction is…
Traditional ghee rice is a flavorful facet dish that options clarified butter (ghee), onions, and many wealthy spices. Observe my…