This simple avocado shake recipe makes the very best wealthy, creamy, and easily scrumptious milkshakes which are excellent to get pleasure from any time of day. Crammed with wholesome vitamins, avocados are terrific to customise – as both vegetarian or vegan-friendly treats together with your favourite additional goodies.
About this Recipe
Avocado is a scrumptious and versatile fruit that additionally occurs to be extremely wholesome.
This buttery fruit is filled with good-for-you monounsaturated fat, however with zero ldl cholesterol.
Plus, they’re a wonderful vegan supply of potassium, vitamin Ok, vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin E.
Avocados are excellent for utilizing to make creamy and filling milkshakes as their flesh tends to be wealthy and buttery.
With just some further elements you’ll be able to create a satisfying and completely delicious drink that’s nice to get pleasure from almost any time of day.
Make one for breakfast to kick off your day with a nutritious enhance, or for a hearty afternoon snack. You’ll be able to even get pleasure from avocado shake for a candy and more healthy dessert.
Plain avocado can also be yummy for smearing on bread or toast as a wholesome alternative for normal dairy-based butter.
Or get fancy and take a look at Avocado Toast with a garlic bread twist.
Ideas for Working with Avocado
- Ensure that your avocado is totally ripe earlier than utilizing. Unripe avocados are likely to have a bitter style.
- You’ll want to lower the avocado in two elements by slicing totally round the pit.
- Don’t lower it size sensible. The avocado must be sliced from high of the stem to backside.
- After slicing, gently twist and pull aside the 2 items of avocado in reverse instructions. Rigorously take away the large seed with a spoon or knife.
Tips on how to Make Avocado Shake
A tasty, wholesome, and terrifically refreshing avocado shake solely takes a couple of minutes to make at house. Observe these easy steps to whip up a batch for breakfast or a day snack:
1. First, set out a excessive velocity blender. Slice and scoop the avocado flesh (from 1 medium to giant avocado) into the blender base. Add 1 cup almond milk.
2. Add three to four tablespoons maple syrup or uncooked sugar (relying on desired sweetness), 1 teaspoon dried moringa or ½ teaspoon floor moringa (non-obligatory) and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract .
Different non-obligatory add-ins are 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs or 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
three. Mix on medium velocity for a minute or two, till utterly blended.
four. Pour the avocado shake in glasses and revel in instantly.
I like to make use of dried moringa leaves and sometimes cacao nibs and chia seeds on this avocado milkshake so as to add a little bit of pretty earthiness and nice taste. Be happy to omit any of them or use one or the opposite, substitute or add different most well-liked goodies. You’ll be able to embrace banana, mango, pineapple or papaya for a tropical avocado milkshake. Or attempt contemporary berries, like strawberries and blueberries, for a deliciously fruity drink.
You should use dairy milk, or for a vegan-friendly milkshake select a plant-based milk. I made this recipe with almond milk, which fits properly with different tropical fruits talked about above. However Coconut Milk or cashew milk will work properly, too!
For an excellent thick avocado shake, enhance the quantity of avocado or embrace frozen fruit or fruits like banana or mangoes. You’ll be able to even scoop and flash freeze the avocado flesh for one hour earlier than together with, if you happen to’re making a pleasant and easy milkshake per my authentic recipe.
I like to recommend serving and having fun with straight away. Leftovers won’t maintain very properly as avocados start to brown as soon as it’s uncovered to air.
Should you made this recipe, please you should definitely price it within the recipe card under. Should you’d like extra scrumptious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Signal Up for my electronic mail publication. You can even observe me on Instagram, Fb, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for extra vegetarian inspiration.
By Dassana Amit
Avocado milkshake recipe – simple and wholesome milkshake recipe
Prep Time 10 minutes
Prepare dinner Time zero minutes
Whole Time 10 minutes
Slice the avocado and scoop the flesh and add it to the blender.
Add all the remainder of the elements.
Mix on medium velocity in a blender till easy.
Pour in glasses and serve instantly.
- Almond milk: You should use dairy milk, or for a vegan-friendly milkshake select a plant-based milk which fits properly with fruits. Oats milk, Lite Coconut Milk or cashew milk works properly too. To skinny out thick canned coconut milk – combine the coconut milk with water in 1:1 proportion or 1:2 proportion respectively.
- Make it extra wholesome: Aside from dried moringa leaves, you’ll be able to embrace cacao nibs, chia seeds, spinach, berries, nuts and a protein powder of your alternative. You can even embrace banana, mango, pineapple or papaya for a tropical avocado milkshake.
- Flavorings: Use floor spices like floor cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, ginger or pumpkin spice for that heat taste.
- Sweeteners: You’ll be able to omit the sweeteners or add your alternative of sweetener – uncooked sugar, coconut sugar, palm sugar or jaggery
Avocado Shake Recipe
Quantity Per Serving (1 serving)
Energy 269 Energy from Fats 144
% Every day Worth*
Saturated Fats 2g13%
Vitamin A 2817IU56%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 1mg67%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 1mg59%
Vitamin B3 (Niacin) 2mg10%
Vitamin B6 1mg50%
Vitamin C 14mg17%
Vitamin E 6mg40%
Vitamin Ok 21µg20%
Vitamin B9 (Folate) 81µg20%
* % Every day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie weight loss program.
Like our movies? Then do observe and subscribe to us on youtube to get the newest Recipe Video updates.
All our content material & pictures are copyright protected. Please don’t copy. As a blogger, if you happen to you wish to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your personal phrases and provides a clickable hyperlink again to the recipe on this url.
This avocado shake recipe publish from the archives (September 2013) has been republished and up to date on 20 January 2021.