Chicken flu has been confirmed in Kerala, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Gujarat up to now, the Centre stated on Friday and requested these states to comprise the illness. States unaffected by Avian Influenza (AI) have been requested to maintain a vigil on any uncommon mortality amongst birds and to report instantly in order that crucial measures are taken within the quickest doable time, it added.
“To date, the illness has been confirmed from six states. It’s learnt that culling operations have been accomplished in each the affected districts of Kerala. The disinfection course of is underway,” the federal government stated in a press release.
The loss of life of 16 birds has additionally been reported at DDA Park in Delhi’s Hastsal village and their samples have been despatched to a testing lab.
Right here’s what we all know up to now:
1. Central groups have been deployed to go to Kerala, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh for monitoring and epidemiological investigation, officers have stated.
2. The federal government stated there was affirmation of Avian Influenza constructive samples from ICAR-NIHSAD in poultry in two farms of in Haryana’s Panchkula district. Optimistic samples have additionally been reported in migratory birds within the Junagadh district of Gujarat and in crows in Sawai Madhopur, Pali, Jaisalmer and Mohar districts of Rajasthan.
Additionally learn | Jammu & Kashmir bans poultry import amid chicken flu outbreak
three. “Uncommon mortality of 16 birds has additionally been reported in DDA park Hastsal Village, Delhi. The AH (animal husbandry) Division of NCT of Delhi has reportedly taken precautionary measures and despatched samples to ICAR-NIHSAD and a take a look at report is awaited,” the assertion stated.
four. The division of animal husbandry and dairying has recommended the affected states to comprise the illness as per the motion plan on Avian Influenza.
Additionally learn | 4 crows discovered lifeless in Chhattisgarh amid chicken flu scare
5. The federal government stated consciousness amongst poultry farmers and the shoppers of eggs and hen concerning the illness is of foremost significance. “Communication from the secretary, division of animal husbandry and dairying, has additionally been despatched to the well being ministry to revive shopper confidence in consumption of hen and eggs,” the assertion stated.
6. The assertion additionally stated that acceptable advisories have been requested to be issued from the well being ministry on this regard in order that shopper confidence affected by rumours is put to relaxation.
7. “Additionally, states have been requested to extend consciousness concerning security of poultry or poultry merchandise that had been protected for consumption following boiling/ cooking procedures for which central help can be accessible,” it stated.
(With company inputs)