Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 306-km New Rewari-New Madar part of the Western Devoted Freight Hall (WDFC) nearly on Thursday, a press release from the Prime Minister’s Workplace (PMO) stated. The assertion stated PM Modi may also flag off the world’s first Double Stack Lengthy Haul 1.5km container practice hauled by electrical traction from Haryana’s Ateli to Kishangarh in Rajasthan.
Governors and chief ministers of Rajasthan and Haryana together with Union minister Piyush Goyal may also be current on the event.
Additionally learn | Items trains clock high velocity of 90 kmph on new freight hall: Railways
Right here’s what that you must know:
Rewari-Madar part of WDFC
1. The Rewari-Madar part is located in Haryana, roughly 79km in Mahendragarh and Rewari districts and Rajasthan roughly 227km, in Jaipur, Ajmer, Sikar, Nagaur and Alwar districts.
2. It consists of 9 newly-built DFC stations wherein six are crossing stations of New Dabla, New Bhagega, New Sri Madhopur, New Pachar Malikpur, New Sakun and New Kishangarh whereas the opposite three are in Rewari, New Ateli and New Phulera are junction stations.
Additionally learn | PM inaugurates 351-km devoted freight hall in UP, hits out at earlier govts
three. The opening of this stretch will profit numerous industries in Rewari, Manesar, Narnaul, Phulera and Kishangarh areas of Rajasthan and Haryana and also will allow higher utilization of the container depot of CONCOR at Kathuwas.
four. This part may also guarantee seamless connectivity with the western ports of Kandla, Pipavav, Mundhra, and Dahej in Gujarat.
5. The inauguration of this part will result in seamless connectivity between the WDFC and EDFC. The Prime Minister devoted the 351km New Bhaupur-New Khurja part of EDFC on December 29, 2020.
Double Stack Lengthy Haul Container Prepare Operation
1. This operation can have an enhanced axle load of 25 tonnes.
2. It has been designed for the Devoted Freight Hall Company of India (DFCCIL) by Analysis Design and Requirements Organisation’s (RDSO) wagon division. Trial runs of BLCS-A and BLCS-B wagon prototypes have been accomplished.
three. The design will maximise capability utilisation and uniform distributed and level loading. These wagons on a long-haul double-stack container practice on the WDFC can carry 4 instances when it comes to container models in comparison with the present visitors on Indian Railways.
Additionally learn | PM Modi inaugurates New Bhaupur-New Khurja stretch of Jap Devoted Freight Hall
four. DFCCIL will run freight trains on the most velocity of 100km/per hour as towards the present most velocity of 75kmph on the Indian Railways’ tracks.
5. The common velocity of freight trains may also be elevated from the prevailing velocity of 26kmph on Indian Railways strains to 70kmph on DFC.