Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) SEHAT scheme for the residents of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday. It’s going to present advantages to 2.1 million eligible folks on the premise of Socio-Financial and Caste Census (SECC) 2011. In line with officers, eligible beneficiaries will get the Common Healthcare Protection (UHC) as per the SECC 2011 database.
AB-PMJAY is a flagship well being scheme of the central authorities, which was launched in 2018, and offers a canopy of as much as Rs 500,00zero per household yearly for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation.
A senior authorities official stated all residents of Jammu and Kashmir will probably be lined below the scheme regardless of their socio-economic standing will probably be lined below the scheme with the launch of AB-PMJAY SEHAT. “The federal government is amassing particulars of beneficiary households who could also be lacking from the SECC 2011 database. This may be certain that all beneficiaries are enrolled on the earliest in order that they’ll avail free healthcare providers,” the official instructed ANI.
The official stated, based on ANI, Nationwide Well being Authority’s (NHA) data know-how platform like beneficiary identification system has been customised to implement the scheme. AB-PMJAY has empanelled a minimum of 219 hospitals, together with 34 non-public hospitals, for offering well being providers to residents of Jammu and Kashmir below the scheme. Medical procedures reminiscent of oncology, cardiology, nephrology and many others are included within the scheme the official stated. Beneficiaries can avail providers from any of the 24,148 emplaned hospitals throughout the nation below AB-PMJAY’s portability function.
Listed below are the important thing options of PMJAY:
1. The federal government says PM-JAY is the world’s largest medical insurance/assurance scheme which is absolutely financed by it. It offers a canopy of Rs 500,00zero per household per yr for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation throughout private and non-private empanelled hospitals in India.
2. The good thing about Rs 5,00,00zero is on a household floater foundation, which implies that it may be utilized by one or all family members. The RSBY had a household cap of 5 members. Nevertheless, based mostly on learnings from these schemes, PM-JAY has been designed in such a manner that there isn’t any cap on household dimension or age of members.
three. Greater than 107.four million poor and susceptible entitled households (roughly 500 million beneficiaries) are eligible for these advantages.
four. PM-JAY offers cashless entry to well being care providers for the beneficiary on the level of service, that’s, the hospital. PM-JAY envisions to assist mitigate catastrophic expenditure on medical remedy which pushes practically 6 crore Indians into poverty every year.
5. It covers as much as three days of pre-hospitalisation and 15 days post-hospitalisation bills reminiscent of diagnostics and medicines.
6. There isn’t any restriction on the household dimension, age or gender.
7. All pre-existing circumstances are lined from day one.
eight. Advantages of the scheme are transportable throughout the nation i.e. a beneficiary can go to any empanelled public or non-public hospital in India to avail cashless remedy.
9. Companies embrace roughly 1,393 procedures protecting all the prices associated to remedy, together with however not restricted to medication, provides, diagnostic providers, doctor’s charges, room prices, surgeon prices, OT and ICU prices and many others.
10. Public hospitals are reimbursed for the healthcare providers at par with the non-public hospitals.
Listed below are the advantages below PM-JAY:
1. Medical examination, remedy and session
three. Drugs and medical consumables
four. Non-intensive and intensive care providers
5. Diagnostic and laboratory investigations
6. Medical implantation providers (the place vital)
7. Lodging advantages
eight. Meals providers
9. Issues arising throughout remedy
10. Put up-hospitalisation follow-up care as much as 15 days
(Supply: Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana web site)