The Centre had invited the protesting farmers for the sixth spherical of talks and requested them to repair a date based on their comfort. The farmers, of their assembly on Wednesday, determined that they gained’t repair a date as they didn’t agree with the proposals that the agriculture minister despatched. With this, the continued protest enters its 29th day on Thursday with no rapid answer at sight. Nonetheless, for the primary time, the farmers have raised the demand of a better minimal assist value than the prevailing one because the Centre has been reiterating its dedication to the system of MSP.
Listed below are the newest updates of the protest
1. No date for additional talks has been determined, however the farmers have mentioned that they aren’t averse to talks. They’re ready for the federal government to the desk with an open thoughts. “If the Centre takes one step, farmers will take two,” they mentioned.
2. The protesters have raised the demand of upper MSP of their letter to the Centre. “We request the federal government that as a substitute of repeating your proposals and amendments, it is best to provide one thing concrete in writing in order that we are able to make that the premise of our agenda to renew the dialogue course of,” the letter acknowledged.
three. The problem of MSP is on the coronary heart of the current disaster. The brand new agriculture legal guidelines don’t point out the MSP system through which the federal government buys farmers’ produce in a minimal value which gives a cushion to farmers. The Centre reiterated that the system isn’t being accomplished away with. The ministry additionally agreed to amend the legal guidelines to make clear on MSP. However the farmers have mentioned they don’t need amendments, they need a whole withdrawal of the legal guidelines.
four. Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his latest digital tackle to Madhya Pradesh farmers mentioned how the federal government elevated the MSP from what it was earlier than 2014. Nonetheless, protesting farmers are usually not agreeing to the federal government’s MSP declare. Bharatiya Kisan Union spokesperson Rakesh Tikait had earlier mentioned farmers are usually not getting their costs which is resulting in the incidents of suicide. Senior farmer chief Darshan Pal on Tuesday mentioned although the federal government units MSP for 23 commodities, it primarily buys wheat and rice at these costs.
5. The farmers, in its letter, has additionally talked about that they don’t should be handled like political rivals. A number of Union ministers claimed that the protest has been hijacked by Maoists. Farmers must intensify their agitation if the federal government continues to deal with them in that method, the letter mentioned.
6. So far as the continued protests are involved, increasingly more farmers are more likely to be part of the protest websites on Delhi border within the coming days. Farmer union Kisan Sena mentioned 1000’s of its members from western Uttar Pradesh will march to Delhi on Thursday.
7. The social media cell of the farmers’ collective earlier introduced that they might maintain a webinar on Thursday the place veteran farmers will reply to queries associated to the continued protest.
eight. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the subsequent instalment of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi on December 25. The PM can even work together with farmers from six states.
9. Union agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar on Wednesday mentioned answer could be reached solely by means of dialogue. “Historical past is witness to this truth. Nonetheless outdated and powerful the protest is, the top and the answer to a protest are reached by means of dialogue solely,” he mentioned.
10. In the meantime, Haryana Police has registered a case in opposition to 13 farmers on varied prices together with try to homicide and rioting after Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar’s convoy was allegedly blocked and attacked on Tuesday in Ambala.