On December 25, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will handle some farmers nearly, which is able to coincide with the 30th day of the continued protest Dilli Chalo by the farmers, began from November 26. Earlier than that, a call on the subsequent spherical of talks with the Centre is probably going because the Centre has already invited them and now it’s on the protesters to repair a date. On Wednesday, on the beginning anniversary of former Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh, farmers will skip a meal protesting towards the three agriculture legal guidelines, just lately handed by Parliament.
Listed here are the most recent updates of farmers’ protest:
1. About 32 farmer union leaders will meet on Wednesday to determine the subsequent plan of action — pertaining to additional talks with the federal government. The Union agriculture minister on Sunday wrote a letter to the leaders and requested them to repair a handy date for the subsequent spherical of talks. The leaders met on Tuesday however the date shall be finalised right this moment.
2. On the event of Kisan Diwas 2020, which is noticed on the beginning anniversary of former Prime Minister Chaudhary Charan Singh, farmers are all set to accentuate their protests. Farmers will skip lunch as a symbolic protest to the three farm legal guidelines. The Congress will maintain a statewide protest throughout Uttar Pradesh.
three. The All India Commerce Union Congress (AITUC) and its affiliate unions mentioned they may observe December 23 as “Skip Lunch” day to precise solidarity with the farmers.
four. Union agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar on Tuesday met a couple of farmers’ teams from Delhi and Haryana who’re supporting the information legal guidelines.
5. Farmers tenting at UP Gate on Delhi-Ghaziabad border on Tuesday blocked all 14 lanes of the Nationwide Freeway 9 for eight hours.
6. From December 25 to 27, farmers will halt toll assortment in Haryana. Farmers have additionally determined to band plates throughout PM Modi’s Mann ki Baat on December 27.
7. Kerala state authorities referred to as a particular meeting session on Wednesday to debate and move a decision towards the farm legal guidelines. However governor Arif Mohammed Khan didn’t give approval for the session. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan mentioned it was “regrettable”.
eight. The protesting farmers are strengthening their presence on social media. A social media cell of the farmers’ collective has been arrange, headed by Majha Kisan Committee vp Baljeet Singh Sandhu, which is able to host a webinar on Thursday the place senior farmers’ leaders will handle all queries. The zoom webinar shall be open for 10,000 folks.
9. Looking for President Ram Nath Kovind’s intervention for withdrawal of the three farm legal guidelines, the Congress mentioned a memorandum signed by two crore farmers could be handed over to him on December 24 by a celebration delegation, led by Rahul Gandhi.
10. Harpreet Singh, a farmer from Punjab, objected to Punjab BJP utilizing his picture on its Fb web page to accompany a publish which says minimal help value will proceed. Harpreet mentioned he’s sitting with the protesters at Singhu border and his picture was used with out his permission.
(With Company Inputs)