The continuing protest of the farmers in opposition to the three new agriculture legal guidelines enters 16th day with the farmers’ unions now threatening to dam railway tracks. Based on their earlier plan of blocking Delhi-Jaipur, Delhi-Agra freeway by December 12, extra farmers are more likely to be part of the protests on Friday. Police have stepped up vigil on the border areas to make sure the protesters can’t block highways. On Thursday, the Centre stated channels for extra talks are open. Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar appealed to the protesters to cease agitation as talks are nonetheless occurring. Nonetheless, that led to no breaking of ice because the farmers are unwavering of their demand of an entire withdrawal of the three legal guidelines, which the Centre is able to amend — however gained’t withdraw.
Listed below are the most recent updates of the protest
1. Whereas the Centre urged the farmers to contemplate the proposal that it despatched on Wednesday, which features a proposal of a written assurance on minimal help value, the unions stated the proposals contained nothing new.
2. Farmers’ unions have stated that the protest can be intensified and a date for railway monitor blockade throughout the nation can be introduced quickly. A number of trains — both originating from or terminating at Punjab — are frequently being cancelled, diverted, short-terminated due to the continuing protests.
three. The primary protest website at Singhu border, in the meantime, is buzzing with actions. Other than langar, WiFi, studying services which have been there from the start, now a bunch of sportspersons, farmers are offering laundry providers. Winter garments are additionally being bought.
four. The farmers have stated of the federal government invitations the farmers for one more spherical of talks, then they are going to determine that of their assembly.
5. As farmer leaders stated agriculture comes underneath state record, the Central ministers on Thursday stated the Centre has the ability underneath Entry 33 of the Concurrent Record to go legal guidelines on contract farming and intra- and inter-state commerce, and prohibit states from imposing charges/cess exterior APMC areas.
6. Requested a couple of answer to the continuing standoff because the Centre shouldn’t be mulling withdrawal of the legal guidelines, farmer chief Shiv Kumar Kakka stated, “Solely God is aware of.” “We face numerous difficulties attributable to chilly climate and the Covid-19 pandemic, however regardless of this, we are going to proceed our protest till our calls for are met,” Kakka advised PTI.
7. Speaking about forces behind the farmers agitation, if any, Tomar on Thursday stated media must discover out that. Union minister Raosaheb Danve had earlier stated China and Pakistan had been behind the continuing protests which evoked sharp response from farmers. The protesters, in the meantime, stated their agitation has remained apolitical. They didn’t enable any political chief to make use of their platform.
eight. Amid the protests, the ministry of knowledge and broadcasting got here out with a booklet highlighting agriculture reforms launched by the federal government. Titled ‘Placing Farmers First’, the booklet discusses an excellent deal in regards to the latest farm legal guidelines.
9. Site visitors in and round Delhi stays disrupted with the principle borders remaining closed.
10. On Friday, there can be extra congestion within the borders which might be open as police is stepping up safety checks.
(With PTI Inputs)