The Centre will maintain one other spherical of talks with farmers on Thursday, in a bid to finish the protest over farm payments that has severely affected visitors motion out and in of Delhi.
The farmers have been protesting close to Delhi for greater than per week, jamming roads and fascinating in confrontation with the police that are guarding the nationwide capital’s borders.
Listed below are updates on farmers protest and what the federal government is doing:
• The Delhi Site visitors Police tweeted on Thursday morning that the Chilla border on Noida hyperlink highway is closed for visitors as a consequence of farmers protests close to Gautam Budh Gate. It additionally stated that individuals who wish to go to Noida from Delhi ought to use NH-24 and Delhi-Noida Direct (DND) flyway.
• On the Haryana facet, Tikri border, Jharoda border and Jhatikra border are closed, in line with Delhi Site visitors Police. “Out there open borders to Haryana are following: Dhansa, Daurala, Kapashera, Rajokri NH eight, Bijwasan/Bajghera, Palam Vihar and Dundahera borders.”
• In the meantime, a delegation of farmers will meet Union agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar on Thursday. A spokesperson of Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU), which is spearheading the protest, stated on Wednesday that each one farmer organisations throughout the nation ought to hit the streets now.
• A number of farmers from totally different components of the nation like Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh are marching in direction of Delhi to hitch the protest towards new farm legal guidelines.
• Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh will meet Union house minister Amit Shah at his residence on Thursday, forward of the talks between the Centre and farmer leaders. Singh will maintain deliberations with Shah in a bid to work out an amicable answer to the impasse.
• The Punjab chief minister and his Congress social gathering have been supporting the farmers’ stir and the state Meeting had additionally handed a set of payments geared toward negating the Centre’s farm laws.
• The Centre has, nonetheless, maintained that the brand new farm legal guidelines, handed by Parliament in September, are within the curiosity of farmers. Agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar stated the reforms have been accomplished after a protracted wait and the federal government is able to handle their issues.
• The leaders of the protesting farmers wrote to Tomar on Wednesday, demanding a particular session of Parliament to repeal the brand new farm legal guidelines and asking the federal government to not “bask in divisive agenda” to interrupt farmers’ unity.
• The federal government had held talks with farmer representatives on Tuesday. However the final result remained inconclusive as farmer unions rejected the federal government’s provide to arrange a committee and stated they’ll proceed their protest.
• The farmers are protesting towards The Farmers’ Produce Commerce and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020, The Farmers (Empowerment and Safety) Settlement on Worth Assurance and Farm Companies Act, 2020, and The Important Commodities (Modification) Act, 2020.