This put up shares Karwa Chauth recipes, Karwa Chauth vrat vidhi or process and Karwa Chauth rituals like sargi, baya, group pooja, track and the way we break karwa chauth quick in our household.
Karwa Chauth is on 4th November 2020. I’m sharing this Karwa Chauth recipes assortment in order that it’s simpler so that you can determine your menu prematurely. Please don’t add onions and garlic in any recipe which you make as a result of they aren’t allowed throughout Karwa Chauth vrat. So skip including them, onion and garlic.
Karwa Chauth Vrat
Karwa Chauth vrat is stored by ladies in North India for the well being, nicely being, prosperity and lengthy lifetime of their husband.
The phrase Karwa means diya (small earthen lamp). Karwa additionally means a pitcher or pot and Chauth means fourth. Because it falls on the 4th day after the complete moon within the kartik month.
All these scrumptious meals are consumed earlier than dawn or higher to say when the celebrities are nonetheless there within the sky (taaron ki chaaon essential).
I even have tea after which a number of water too as a result of the entire day goes in Karwa Chauth vrat or fasting with out consuming something and even consuming water.
After the Karwa Chauth rituals and pooja are over in the course of the day we look forward to the moon to return up. It’s customary that the sky might be cloudy and moon will come very late.
After ready and ready – lastly we get to see the moon by a sieve and providing water to the moon we search its blessings.
The wives are given the primary sip of water and the primary morsel of meals – often Mathri by their husbands. (The entire Karwa Chauth vrat vidhi and tips are given beneath within the put up after the recipes part).
Plan your Karwa Chauth menu prematurely. So your entire day goes easy and trouble free. Eg: You can also make the Chutney a day earlier than. Additionally mathri will be made a day or two earlier than.
Take pleasure in making the recipes and having them in order that you’ll be able to quick for the entire day.
Karwa Chauth Recipes
I’m sharing recipes you could make for dinner (after breaking your vrat) and the recipes which might be included within the sargi. The dishes that make up the sargi platter is had earlier than taking the quick.
Kindly notice that among the recipes listed beneath have onion and garlic in them as I didn’t make them on the event of Karwa Chauth however on some common days.
If making these recipes on Karwa Chauth, then do omit the onions and garlic from them. You possibly can add a pinch of asafoetida (hing) within the dish to imitate the flavors of onion and garlic.
You can even test this class of No Onion No Garlic Recipes.
Sargi is the meal which is had earlier than daybreak and earlier than taking over the karwa chauth quick. On this part you can see the breakfast dishes that may be made simply.
I’ve additionally added some sweets recipes. You possibly can prep among the dishes a day earlier than and refrigerate them. The sweets will also be made a day earlier than and refrigerated.
Breakfast & Snacks
Suji ka halwa or Sheera is a traditional Indian semolina pudding made with sugar, ghee and dry fruits. The recipe I’ve shared is a household heirloom recipe. We have now been making this suji halwa recipe for many years throughout household get togethers, particular events & festivals. The sooji halwa recipe will be simply halved, doubled or tripled.
A straightforward technique to make rava laddu recipe for Diwali or any competition. This rava ladoo recipe is made with rava (sooji or semolina), coconut, powdered sugar, dry fruits and ghee. Roasting rava to perfection is essential and the recipe put up particulars many pointers and hints to roast rava very nicely as a way to make superior rava laddu.
Apple halwa recipe made with apples, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Apple halwa is a scrumptious halwa that’s straightforward to make. This apple halwa recipe doesn’t use sooji (rava), milk, khoya or milk powder. Simply apples, sugar (elective) and ghee. Flavorings and nuts of your selection will be added within the apple halwa.
Included on this part is meals you could have after breaking the quick. I’ve listed largely Punjabi recipes and those which we make in our household.
Additionally, you will discover some starters and appetizers on this part. You possibly can serve the dal or the curries with roti or steamed rice. Pulao will be served with raita or a facet salad.
Lentils & Beans
Vegetarian Gravies & Curries
Pulao & Rice Recipes
Rumali roti is likely one of the unleavened Indian breads that’s made historically within the Awadhi, Mughlai and Hyderabadi delicacies. Rumali roti are skinny smooth rotis and will be folded like a handkerchief. Therefore the title rumali or roomali roti. The phrase ‘rumal’ means handkerchief in hindi language.
Starters Snacks & Soups
Hara bhara kebab recipe is a scrumptious variation of vegetarian kabab. it’s made with recent spinach leaves, inexperienced peas and potatoes. So they’re nutritious in addition to scrumptious. Hara bhara kabab makes for a superb Indian starter or snack. This inexperienced veg kabab will also be stuffed in burger buns or sandwiches will be comprised of them.
Karwa Chauth Vrat Vidhi
(These beneath talked about guidelines are adopted at my home for Karwa Chauth vrat. Few guidelines would possibly fluctuate from household to household. I’m sharing this Karwa Chauth vrat vidhi on your reference. If doubtful then please seek the advice of your loved ones elders or household pandit and at all times observe the principles adopted in your loved ones)
- Karwa Chauth vrat will also be stored by single women, if the engagement ceremony is already completed.
- Onion and garlic are strictly not eaten by out the day even after breaking the vrat.
- Girls gown up of their finest garments. Some ladies additionally put on the gown they wore on wedding ceremony day. Largely pink, orange, golden or brilliant coloration garments or sari is worn. Simply keep away from sporting white or black coloration garments as these colours will not be take into account auspicious for this event. Normally sari or ghagra cHoli is worn.
- Girls will not be speculated to do any family work on today. As an alternative they apply heena or mehndi and gown up of their finest garments and do make up.
Karwa Chauth Sargi
(That is largely completed in Punjabi households)
- Sargi is given by the mom in legislation which incorporates mathri, coconut (should), fruits like banana, apple and so on and sweets or as per your want. Normally dish comprised of pheni and milk can also be a part of sargi.
- Cash can also be given by the mom in legislation someday prematurely in order that the daughter in legislation should purchase cosmetics or shringar merchandise like bangles, bindi, mehendi, lipstick, hair band, chunri or garments and so on. if the mom in legislation just isn’t staying with you then she will ship/switch the cash.
- On the Karwa Chauth morning, earlier than consuming sargi the daughter in legislation will contact 7 gadgets which she has determined that she goes to supply/donate to the Panditani (non secular girl or priestess) within the night after doing Karwa Chauth group pooja. So simply contact the 7 gadgets after which you possibly can eat sargi. these 7 gadgets often are mehendi, fruits, almonds or cashews (nuts & dry fruits), mathri, coconut and cash.
- Whereas having sargi, first eat the sweets or dish comprised of pheni and milk. It’s to begin the day with candy or on a constructive notice.
After this you possibly can eat coconut after which essential course meal. The coconut is often damaged by the husband.
Eat lots and drink a number of water. As you aren’t speculated to drink water or eat meals after the solar rises (as soon as the celebrities have set) and until you do the moon pooja within the night time and moon is seen very late on today.
- Earlier than consuming sargi, put bindi and take pink coloration chunri in your head. Head tub is taken someday earlier than the Karwa Chauth vrat in night and the top is stored clear (sucha in Punjabi language).
- The Daughter-in-law additionally supply garments and dry fruits like almonds or cashews to her in legal guidelines after the Karwa Chauth quick is over (defined later within the put up).
Karwa Chauth Group Pooja
- Some individuals additionally worship Bhagwan Shiva and Parvati maa within the morning. However in our residence, we solely worship Parvati maa within the type of Gauri maa within the group pooja which is completed within the night round Four pm or 5 pm.
- Earlier than the sundown, all women from the locality collect in a single place for the group pooja. Of their thali they convey the gadgets like sweets, mathri, fruits and sari and garments.
These things are referred to as as ‘baya’. Baya gadgets are purchased from the cash the daughter in legislation has acquired from her mom or father.
In the event that they keep shut by then they’ll ship the baya in a basket. However usually daughter in legislation purchase baya gadgets from the cash ship by her dad and mom.
- Aside from baya gadgets there are different issues within the thali which incorporates one diya with mustard oil, sindhur, surma and all of the 7 gadgets which you’ve stored within the morning meant for priestess.
Additionally convey one glass (lotta) of water (this is identical water which might be provided to moon within the night time). Within the water rice grains and sugar can also be added. Additionally tie a mauli (pink string) across the lotta.
- All the women sit across the gauri mata picture with their gadgets and gauri mata worship is completed. All the women put surma, lipstick, sindhur to the gaura mata. Its like doing shingar to gauri mata.
- One aged girl or panditani tells Karwa Chauth katha or story and seven occasions the thali containing the baya is rotated. Whereas rotating thali a track can also be sung.
Karwa Chauth Ka Gana (Music)
Few actions to be prevented throughout Karwa Chauth vrat:
(These are literally talked about within the track which is sung throughout first 6 rotation of the thali.)
1. Don’t weave or sew any fabric.
2. Don’t go to fields.
Three. Don’t get up any one that is sleeping.
Four. Don’t attempt to please somebody with whom you’ve or had a battle.
How we break Karwa Chauth quick?
When the moon is seen (which is at all times late on today) then we take a thali during which one diya made with atta or wheat flour, mustard oil, one cotton wick is lit and mathri is stored. Additionally the water which you’ve taken with you within the night pooja of gauri ma can also be taken.
Take the pink coloration chunri in your head. Take away your sleepers and preserve one wood stick or piece beneath your toes and in a sieve (chhanni). Place this lit diya and the lady see the moon not directly through the sieve.
At our residence, we repeat the beneath line Three-Four occasions whereas seeing the moon not directly through sieve. “Haath khari phair chari essential suhagun arg den khari” (which suggests, my fingers are unfold, I’m standing with a wood stick beneath my toes and I’m a married girl standing right here to supply water to you).
(Translation: haath (fingers), khari (standing or unfold), phair (feets), chari (wood stick or piece), suhagun (married girl), arg (water), den (to offer), khari (standing).
After saying the above strains Three to Four occasions, throw the diya backwards. Then see the moon instantly and pour water downwards within the course of moon.
Throw 5 to six mathri items additionally downwards within the course of moon. Empty the complete water from the glass/lotta. Don’t drink this water in any respect.
Then see your husband by the sieve (chhanni). Many ladies additionally contact the toes of their husband at this stage. At this level it’s also possible to internally pray on your husband nicely being.
After this, to interrupt the quick, husband will supply water and mathri to you. In our residence, we eat rice and dal makhani after this. However onion and garlic cannot be put on this dish additionally.
I pray and hope everybody has a fulfilled Karwa Chauth and this Karwa Chauth provides extra concord, understanding and love into the wedding. I hope each companions assist one another within the interior and outer nicely being of physique, thoughts and soul.
This put up from the archives (Oct 2011) has been republished and up to date on Three November 2020.