Well being secretary says London and Essex in tier 2, however no choice but taken on whether or not Larger Manchester and Lancashire transfer into tier three
- London to face tighter Covid restrictions from Friday evening
- Docs and well being specialists again Covid-19 ‘circuit breaker’
- NHS employees in northern England ‘exhausted’ amid second wave fears
- Coronavirus – newest updates
- See all our coronavirus protection
Hancock confirms that London is shifting from medium alert stage tier 1 to the excessive alert stage tier 2.
And he says Essex and Elmbridge are additionally shifting from tier 1 to tier 2.
Hancock says “no additional selections” have but been made about shifting any areas from the excessive alert stage tier 2 to the very excessive alert stage tier three.