Able to implement Ayushman Bharat if Centre funds absolutely: Mamata

2020/10 07 05:10

By: Specific Information Service | Kolkata |

October 7, 2020 10:39:56 am


Ayushman Bharat, Ayushman Bharat west bengal, Ayushman Bharat mamata banerjee, Ayushman Bharat centre, Ayushman Bharat bengal vs centreThe Chief Minister directed the district administration to make sure that individuals from the Lodha and Santhal Adivasi communities are included within the “Swasthya Sathi” programme.

Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday reiterated that her authorities was able to implement the Centre’s flagship well being scheme Ayushman Bharat if the Union authorities bankrolls it fully. Banerjee stated West Bengal wouldn’t bear 40 per cent of the expenditure as mandated within the scheme.

At an administrative assembly in Kharagpur, Banerjee stated whereas the state authorities’s “Swasthya Sathi” programme — introduced on February 17, 2016, and launched on December 30 that 12 months, lengthy earlier than Ayushman Bharat — covers seven crore individuals, the central scheme will insure just one.5 crore individuals.

“I would not have any drawback if the central authorities needs to implement the ‘Ayushman Bharat’ scheme in West Bengal. We’ve already launched the ‘Swasthya Sathi’ programme. Now, they wish to implement ‘Ayushman Bharat’. They’re most welcome to take action, however we gained’t contribute in the direction of it with any fund. Allow them to bear 100 per cent price for the scheme.”

The Chief Minister directed the district administration to make sure that individuals from the Lodha and Santhal Adivasi communities are included within the “Swasthya Sathi” programme.

The ‘Swasthya Sathi mission was formally launched on December 30, 2016, and the primary characteristic of the scheme is a primary well being cowl for secondary and tertiary care as much as Rs 5 lakh every year per household.

Ayushman Bharat is funded with 60 per cent contribution coming from the central authorities and the remaining 40 per cent from the states.

Final month, Banerjee informed Union Minister of Well being Harsh Vardhan in a letter, “Ayushman Bharat scheme could also be prolonged by the federal government of India with your entire 100 per cent expenditure for the scheme in such a case, your entire funding for the scheme could also be routed by way of the state authorities.”

On the assembly, she criticised the Centre’s function within the “Ghatal Grasp Plan” that was meant to regulate floods within the district’s Ghatal sub-division.

Banerjee additionally introduced jobs and monetary help for households of those that have died or are lacking for over a decade due to Maoist violence within the state’s Jangalmahal space. The districts of Jhargram, Paschim Medinipur, Bankura, Purulia, and Birbhum.

The Chief Minister additionally introduced jobs for the kin of those that have been killed in elephant assaults within the space.
“One member from every household that has misplaced their close to and expensive ones to Maoist violence or are lacking for greater than a decade will likely be supplied monetary compensation of Rs four lakh and a job within the state dwelling guard pressure. We may also present jobs to at least one member from every household that has misplaced their kin in assaults by elephants within the space,” Banerjee stated.

📣 The Indian Specific is now on Telegram. Click on right here to hitch our channel (@indianexpress) and keep up to date with the most recent headlines

For all the most recent Kolkata Information, obtain Indian Specific App.

© The Indian Specific (P) Ltd


Supply hyperlink

--CopyRights: http://newsrepair.in/index.php/2020/10/07/able-to-implement-ayushman-bharat-if-centre-funds-absolutely-mamata/

Leave a Reply

Welcome (Toggle)

(required)